Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mike's Mango & Enough Buzz

So, I'm at home. Work is done. Homework is done (besides helping my boyfriend with colons, semicolons, and commas on his homework; college English is so redundant of high school crap). Drinking some Smirnoff and Mike's Mango Hard Punch. Blasting my work-out/dance mix on my computer (you know...those Pop!gasms you can only get from M.J, Darren Hayes, Kylie, Kate, Lady G and Britney!). In a verrrrrrrry good mood.

I'm just so very ecstatic and proud of where I'm at right now. It's so...surreal!!! I was reading the latest blog post from Amber over at All You Have is Your Soul and I can't help but feel the same way. Are things too good? Like Amber, I'm not really pessimistic though I know I've grown into quite the cynic lately. The fact is, I am quite used to the universe shitting all over my life. And smearing it's brown putrid mess all over it.

Not to go to much into detail about my problems to sound like I'm whining and being a baby but here's the briefing: Messy relationships, family keeps dying of cancer, CONSTANT money problems...rather constant hardships due to NO money and I know people complain that they don't have money but they still have bank accounts, well, my family has the dirt in the backyard...for as long as my dad can hold onto the house anyway, and just a plethora of other drama and hardships that like to bombard my life all at once.

So it's kind of a relief right now. It's actually more than a relief. I feel like it's a miracle. I have the apartment I wanted: 2 bedrooms, one and half bath, vaulted ceilings, BEAUTIFULLY decorated if I do say so myself, balcony, pond view, heat included, pool access and club house access when we want it (all included with our monthly rent), and it's not a bad price to split between 3 people (myself, my BF, and our best friend). It really feels like home. Not to mention I have an amazing BF of one year and I live with him and my best friend!! I have a steady job that I recently got promoted on and am now making commission checks since I've moved to a busier store! I'm doing more writing again (I was getting some serious writer's block for awhile), and got my new camera and have got things going with my photography aspirations as well. I'm going to be assisting Lori over at Light Reading and I'm really excited to work for her and learn from her. She's such a sweet and energetic woman from what I can tell so far. And obviously very talented!

I also recently did a photo shoot with some of the BF's co-workers that worked out really well. They're very good people, and I got a little experience and a little bit of pocket cash out of it. Speaking of money! It's always my main stressor but I feel really good about it right now. Like I said, I'll be receiving commissions starting this month hopefully. Also, the BF and I have balanced out our checks for our upcoming bills and groceries and such and we have a little left over for some luxuries (like Mike's Hard Mango Punch, hehe) and we just opened up a joint account to save up for our month long road trip next summer!!! Along with the good things and money situation, when I moved out I wanted to save up for 3 main things right away (1) a laptop (I had never owned my own computer before), (2) a car (the BF's car was dying and becoming unreliable & unsafe transportation), and (3) my DSLR camera. I've achieved and earned all 3!!! It's an incredible feeling when I accomplish what I set out to do!!! It feels...as I said...like a surreal miracle!

The only damper on this all, I have to agree with Amber's blog post, is that it stifles creativity. The best masterpieces come from the depths of despair I think because it's such a strong and raw emotion and makes for a better read.

But I am rather enjoying the good things right now and taking in all the sunlight I can. And drinkin' Mike's Mango and dancing like a fool.

Love Always & Forever,

Shy Lee Zephyr

1 comment:

  1. Wow steph, i'm really happy you feel so good about life, I know at times when we chat i pretty much bitch alot, rant and rave about the same old BS, but i want you to know i am out there apply at the few jobs that pop up, my cousin on the 4th told me his place was hiring and i could make some serious bucks aswell as travel the world, First thing monday i trampled my ass down there and put in my app and dropped my cousins names a few times for some luck.
    On my little lunch break I dropped them a call to ask if they had seen my app, lady said she would tell the guy inc charge I called.

    So all in all i'm happy where I am in life but i need to accomplish more out of life but i have to secure a job first.

    Well im glad your all doing well, Thanks for telling me to start my own blog and I hope I can keep up with it and maybe gain some more subscribers as im only talking to you.

    KK imma shut up now this is long enough and I should have put this on my blog :P

    Peace out/LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete