Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Complain & Cry: It’s Bitch Tuesdays

So last Tuesday I was in a horrid mood and thus coined Bitch Tuesdays: a day to rant, complain, cry, whine, yell, and, well, bitch about anything. Feel free to partake.

I’m almost a little afraid to continue with this every week only because if I’m not in a horrid mood I have to try a little harder to find those irritable things. And then once I think of those irritable things and start ranting about them I’m going to feel all worked up and just…irritable. So maybe I’ll start with some good news so that I don’t feel so bad?

Well, here’s some good news in my life lately:

My new Nikon D90 DSLR should be showing up soon in the mail. I’m hoping it arrives before this Saturday.

This Saturday is July 4th, Independence Day! I’m looking forward to the cook out and fire-pit my dad is planning. It’s so weird to be able to drink with my dad now that I’m 21! He was always so strict and now that I’m older and not living at home, he’s much cooler. OH, and I’m looking forward to fireworks at the park on Saturday too.

I’m planning a month long road-trip for next July. Yes, I know it’s a whole year away but I need a whole year to save up money and plan for living/storage arrangements for when our lease is up. The BF will be coming too. Bonding vacation time plus I can take a bazillion pics and write tons of things to expand my portfolio and resume. We’ll be poor all year but it’ll be soooooo worth it to be roaming hobos for a whole month. <3

I fluffed up a batch of new resumes and cranked out a bunch of personalized cover letters and sent ‘em all marchin’ to a bunch of photography studios and newspapers. I’m looking for an internship to get my damn foot in the door for the career I really want. I sent them out last week and made calls yesterday to follow up to see if I can snag some interviews. Most places I had to leave messages because they were “away” and that was slightly irritating. BUT, one lovely woman (bless her heart) said she was impressed (!!!) and would get in touch with me next week when they come back from vacation.

So, feelin’ pretty good right now! But here are some annoyances that I need to get off my chest:

Why are women cursed with a monthly version of hell? Hmmm, severe cramps really puts my whole day down the crapper, don’t know about you….

Why does my phone ONLY spaz out when the BF calls? It’s perfectly normal most other times, but when the BF calls it rings, then pauses, then rings, then pauses again, and then rings. Changing the ringtone doesn’t do anything either. And my speed dial doesn’t like to speedily dial when I try to use it to call the BF. I have to hold it down for almost a minute before it starts dialing. Changing the speed dial number he is on doesn’t change it either. And we are both on the same cell phone plan and we live together, so it’s not that he’s “out of range.” It’s ridiculous. Is my phone psycho jealous or something and trying to prevent me from communicating? Who knows, but it’s getting annoying and I’m going to trade phones soon…but ssssh, don’t tell my phone….

I’m going to be poor (even more so than usual) for a whole year! Just paying bills and that’s it! Only necessities! I’m going to have severe shopping spree urges but I have to remember I’m doing this to myself for a reason and that it’ll be worth it! But GAH!! I HATE MONEY!!

Gettin’ sick of all this MJ MEDIA MADNESS. Yes, it’s unfortunate; yes, he was young and such a legend. Shut up and just enjoy his music. I know I am. “I want to love you, pretty young thing…”

I hate drivers that think the highway is a race course. OOOOOH, you’re so fast because you had to speed past me and abruptly merge right in front of my damn bumper so you can get to the same red light 5 seconds faster than me. Do you feel like a winner?


Feel free to share your good and/or bad news this week. Ranting helps: mind, body and soul!

Love Always and Forever,

Shy Lee Zephyr

No comments:

Post a Comment